Cards are free to residents, property owners, and business owners of Martin County. All that is required to obtain a library card is proof of residency such as a driver's license with a local address, voter's registration card, Florida state identification card, or a Martin County tax bill.
Complete the "Apply for a Library Card" form to receive your card number in an email so you can use our online services while the physical card is in the mail. Every three years, we will confirm your residency and update your contact information.
- Classic card for residents: Select Apply for a Library Card; or visit your local library with proof of residency.
- Classic card for non-residents: Review Library Circulation Information for fees and select Apply for a Library Card; or visit your local library.
- idea lab card: Review Equipment Borrowing Agreement and select Apply for a Library Card; or visit your local library.
- Educators' card: Select Apply for a Library Card; or visit your local library. Institutional identification required.
- Business card: Select Apply for a Library Card; all Treasure Coast businesses can request database access.
Library cards provide access not only to the books, audiobooks, DVDs, and CDs shared throughout the Martin County Libraries, they also grant access to eBooks, millions of articles, books from libraries throughout Florida, and other reliable information online.
Reciprocal borrowing through the Southeast Florida Library Information Network (SEFLIN) is available with over 20 libraries to our south including Palm Beach County and Florida Atlantic University.
Please ask at your library's Information Desk.