Martin County Utilities and Solid Waste has a contract with Waste Management for regular residential yard and vegetation removal.
Residential yard and vegetation removal is collected on Wednesday of each week. Residents may put out up to 20 cubic yards of vegetative yard waste. Waste Management has seven (7) business days to pickup this material.
Vegetation or yard waste should never be placed under powerlines, telephone or cable lines, near mail boxes, in drainage areas or next to any object that would delay the pickup of the material. Regular yard waste includes debris from routine residential yard maintenance only. It does not include debris generated from land clearing.
Regular Yard Waste Collection
- Routine yard and vegetative waste includes:
- Shrub and tree trimmings
- Grass clippings
- Palm fronds
- Leaves and branches
- Please DO NOT use plastic bags for the yard and vegetative waste.
- Garbage cans can be used as long as there is no garbage or trash in them.
- You can also use biodegradable containers such as paper bags and/or cardboard boxes.
- Clippings, leaves and small branches should be placed in containers no larger than 32 gallons and should not weigh more than 50 pounds per container.
Bulk Yard Waste Collection
- To schedule a bulk yard waste pickup, call Waste Management at (772) 546-7700, or visit the Waste Management Website.
- For bulk pickup, tree branches, limbs and other cuttings should be stacked neatly and should not exceed six (6) inches in diameter, five (5) feet in length or weigh more than 50 pounds per piece or item.
- All items should be placed six (6) inches from the edge of the curb, in front of your home – not on someone else’s property, vacant lots, roadways or sidewalks.
- Any vegetative or yard debris that is generated from land or lot clearing, contractor tree companies or landscapers are not part of the County’s contract with Waste Management for scheduled/curbside pickup and must be disposed of the contractor generating the waste.
- Any vegetative or yard waste that is generated by or placed on vacant lots will not be collected.