MCLS offers 30-minute technology appointments to help you with specific tech-related questions you might have.
To request a one-on-one (1:1) tech appoinment:
- Have a specific question you need answered, or a learning objective you'd like to accomplish.
- Fill out the "1:1 tech help | request form", or call the Library.
- We will reach out to you to set up a date/time that works for you.
To make sure you the most out of your appointment, don't forget to:
- Have the device you need help with fully charged.
- Know any necessary passwords needed to access your device or accounts.
- Be willing to perform most of the navigation. Our librarians will help guide you through the steps you need to be successful.
- While we will do our very best to assist you with your technology needs; remember the Library is a space of learning, these are offered to allow you to expand your skills, not as a replacement for commercial tech support.
Examples of learning that is well suited for One-on-One appointments are:
- eBooks content and devices
- Social media
- Smartphone operation
- Tablet use
- Digital photo
Examples of topics not suitable for One-on-One appointments:
- Advanced/Specialized software applications unrelated to library services.
- Troubleshooting Operating System upgrades.
- Repair or troubleshoot equipment and hardware.
- Taxes, Investments, Credit Card or other financial transactions.
- Fixing malware or virus infected systems.
For these needs, which would require more expertise and time; Librarians will offer information paths to outside assistance. Lynda.com is a great resource for more advanced, technical assistance. You can access these on-demand video tutorials with your Library card anytime!