idea lab - One on One Tech Help
You may request a One-on-One technology appointment:
- Select "Request One-on-One Technology Help," or call the library to request your one-on-one help session.
- Have a specific question you need answered or learning objective you need to accomplish.
- You will be contacted by a library staff member or volunteer to schedule an appointment.
In order to ensure you get the most out of your One-on-One appointment, be sure to:
- Have the device you need help with fully charged.
- Know any necessary passwords needed to access your device or accounts.
- Be willing to perform most of the navigation. Our librarians will help guide you through the steps you need to be successful.
- While we will do our very best to assist you with your technology needs; remember the Library is a space of learning, these are offered to allow you to expand your skills, not as a replacement for commercial tech support.
Examples of learning that is well suited for One-on-One appointments are:
- EBooks content and devices
- Social media
- Smartphone operation
- Tablet use
- Digital photo
Examples of topics not suitable for One-on-One appointments:
- Advanced/Specialized software applications unrelated to library services.
- Troubleshooting Operating System upgrades.
- Repair or troubleshoot equipment and hardware.
- Taxes, Investments, Credit Card or other financial transactions.
- Fixing malware or virus infected systems.
For these needs, which would require more expertise and time; Librarians will offer information paths to outside assistance.