The Martin County Library System is preparing for the 26th annual BookMania! festival on March 28, 2020 at the Jensen Beach High School Performing Arts Center, located at 2875 NW Goldenrod Road in Jensen Beach.
Authors participate in one of multiple panel discussions featuring prominent and emerging writers. This prestigious literary event is free and open to the general public.
Barnes & Noble booksellers will also be in the school's Nutrition Center selling the authors' books as well as children’s books for the school book drive. In addition to the Barnes & Noble cafe for snacks and coffee, hamburgers and hotdogs from the Martin County Sheriff's Office BBQ Grill Team are available for cash-only at the event. BookMania! is sponsored by The Library Foundation of Martin County, Inc.
BookMania! tote bags will be available for $10 each. Please click here to let us know how may you would like to purchase.
The 2020 BookMania! event schedule and books available in our collection are as follows:
9:00 a.m. Welcome
9:15 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. Spy/espionage
- Don Bentley - Without Sanction
- Sonia Purnell - A Woman of No Importance
- Tracy Walder - The Unexpected Spy
10:40 a.m. – 11:55 a.m. Mystery/thriller
- Paul Doiron - Almost Midnight
- April Henry - The Lonely Dead
- Shari Lapena - Someone We Know
- Peter Swanson - Eight Perfect Murders
12:30 p.m. – 1:15 p.m. A Dog's Purpose
1:35 p.m. – 2:20 p.m. Larger Than Life
2:35 p.m. – 3:35 p.m. Historical Fiction
- Mary Doria Russell - The Women of the Copper Country
- Martha Hall Kelly - Lost Roses
- Allison Pataki - The Queen’s Fortune
Previous BookMania! Events
Previous BookMania! video recordings of each panel discussion are available on the Library's YouTube channel.