Goals of the Program
The mission of the Art in Public Places Program is to enhance the quality of the visual environment in the Martin County community, both natural and constructed, in the Martin County community to:
- To promote the spiritual, intellectual, and aesthetic enrichment of the community through public art;
- To select a diversity of public art for Martin County, Florida;
- To select works of art which have aesthetic and technical merit and are appropriate in context to the location;
- To select artists who are professionally and technically competent;
- To disperse public art throughout Martin County, Florida in such a manner that it is visible and accessible to the greatest number of people.
Public Art Site Selection Committee
The Public Art Site Selection Committee shall be comprised of the appointed seven members of the Martin County Community Redevelopment Agency and shall have the duty and responsibility to review the Public Art Master Plan and the Art in Public Places Five-Year Art Placement and Budget Plan for review and approval by the Board of County Commissioners and to hold public meetings to solicit public comment for public art projects.