Public Art Advisory Committee
In 1997, Martin County established a public art program that included on-going funding for new artworks for public appreciation. In 2017, the Martin County Board of County Commissioners appointed the Community Redevelopment Agency Board members as the Public Art Advisory Committee (PAAC).
As of June 2022, twenty-three sculptures, mobiles, stained glass windows, murals, mosaics, benches and photographs are now on display.
The Public Art Advisory Committee shall have the duty and responsibility to review the Public Art Manual, Annual Budget and Maintenance Plans for review and approval by the Board of County Commissioners and to hold public meetings to solicit public comment for public art projects.
Mission & Goals
The mission of the Art in Public Places Program is to enhance the quality of the visual environment in the Martin County community, both natural and constructed; and in so doing:
- To promote the spiritual, intellectual, and aesthetic enrichment of the community through public art;
- To select a diversity of public art for Martin County, Florida;
- To select works of art which have aesthetic and technical merit and are appropriate in context to the location;
- To select artists who are professionally and technically competent;
- To disperse public art throughout Martin County, Florida in such a manner that it is visible and accessible to the greatest number of people.