The Community Redevelopment Area Plan for Old Palm City was adopted in April 2002. The Vision for the Old Palm City CRA includes the following seven (7) components:
- Retrofit Mapp Road;
- Enhanced Neighborhood Streets, Sidewalks and Bikeways;
- Old Palm City Greenway;
- Develop Gateways, Signs and Historic Markers;
- Lead the Design of the Indian Street Bridge, 36th Street and CR 714 Corridor;
- Reconnect the Neighborhoods North of Martin Downs Blvd.
- and Upgrade Infrastructure.
The Old Palm City Neighborhood Advisory Committee (NAC) meets regularly at the Palm City Community Center on Cornell Avenue and provides advice and recommendations to the Community Redevelopment Agency regarding the implementation of projects adopted within the Old Palm City CRA Plan.