Through the Friends of the Martin County Library System, the Library accepts donations of recent books, audio books, music CDs, and DVDs. Appropriate material may be added to the collection, put in the book sale or, if not in acceptable condition, discarded. Items not accepted include donations of old newspapers, magazines or periodicals, and textbooks or encyclopedias.
- Donations should be clean, without odor or stains and in good condition.
- Local history materials from the Martin County and Treasure Coast areas are welcome, as are foreign language materials.
- Donations in quantities larger than may be carried by the donor should be delivered to the Friends Book Depot.
- Small quantities of donations that can be carried by the donor may be received at any branch library.
- All gifts are inspected by staff for odor, water damage, wear, and age.
If desired, the donor can receive a written acknowledgment of the gift if the materials are added to the collection. If the patron wishes to receive such an acknowledgment, he/she should leave name and address and number of books donated. Library staff will not appraise the books or indicate a value in the acknowledgment letter.