The Martin County Veterans Services Office assists former members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their dependents in obtaining federal and state benefits available to them as a result of their active military service.
The Veterans Services Office is staffed by trained service officers with a compassionate understanding of the problems that confront the veteran, his or her widow, and or children.
You may be eligible VA benefits if you are:
- A veteran
- A veteran’s dependent
- A surviving spouse or child of a deceased veteran
- An active duty service member
- A member of the Reserves or National Guard
Counseling and assistance in filing claims for VA benefits available for:
- Service-connected disability compensation
- Non-service-connected disability pension
- Dependency and indemnity compensation
- Burial allowance and headstones
- Survivors pension benefits
- Appeals to VA adverse decisions
- Education benefits
- Request for military records/DD Form 214
- VA home loan guarantee applications
- Waiver of VA indebtedness
- Vocational rehabilitation
- VA Medical Center enrollment forms
- Eligibility Verification Reports (EVR)
- Aid and attendance/housebound claims
- VA insurance information assistance
- Outreach visits to veterans and widows who are housebound or in nursing homes
- Correction of military records/discharge
The Veterans Transportation Program (VTP) provides door to bus stop and reverse commute to/from the VA Medical Center in West Palm Beach, Monday through Friday, for Veterans residing in Martin County. The program also provides door to door service to the Stuart VA Outpatient Clinic located at 3501 SE Willoughby Boulevard, Stuart, Florida 34994.
For more information about this program, please visit martin.fl.us/transit.
Veterans Crisis Line
Are you a Veteran in crisis or concerned about one? Connect with the Veterans Crisis Line to reach caring, qualified responders with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Many of them are Veterans themselves.
If you are a veteran, widow of a veteran, or child who would benefit from the assistance of a Veterans Services Officer and would like to request a consultation, please call us or visit the Veterans Services Office.
Or, if you have any questions regarding veterans services, you may also select the Contact Us button to submit an inquiry online. Housebound visits are also available by appointment.
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Martin County Veterans Services
2401 SE Monterey Road
Stuart, FL 34996