The Veterans Service Office is a Martin County program designed to assist former members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their dependents in obtaining federal and state benefits available to them as a result of their active military service. The County Veterans Service Office is staffed by trained service officers with a compassionate understanding of the problems that confront the veteran, his or her widow, and or children.
You may be eligible VA benefits if you are:
- A veteran
- A veteran’s dependent
- A surviving spouse or child of a deceased veteran
- An active duty service member
- A member of the Reserves or National Guard
Counseling and assistance in filing claims for VA benefits available for:
- Service-connected disability compensation
- Non-service-connected disability pension
- Dependency and indemnity compensation
- Burial allowance and headstones
- Survivors pension benefits
- Appeals to VA adverse decisions
- Education benefits
- Request for military records/DD Form 214
- VA home loan guarantee applications
- Waiver of VA indebtedness
- Vocational rehabilitation
- VA Medical Center enrollment forms
- Eligibility Verification Reports (EVR)
- Aid and attendance/housebound claims
- VA insurance information assistance
- Outreach visits to veterans and widows who are housebound or in nursing homes
- Correction of military records/discharge
Transportation to the VA Medical Center:
Beginning June 3, 2019, the Veterans Services Office along with MARTY will provide free daily transportation to and from the VA Medical Center in West Palm Beach for veterans who have scheduled medical appointments.
To use this service, view the curent schedule under the "transportation" tab above, as it would best work for your scheduled appointment at the VA Medical Center, then go to the pick-up point that works best for you – and enjoy the ride. Be sure to carry your Veterans ID card. This service is provided Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).
If you are a veteran, widow of a veteran, or child who would benefit from the assistance of a Veterans Service Officer, please don’t hesitate to call us or visit the Veterans Services Office.
Or, if you have any questions regarding veterans services, you may also select the "Contact Us" button to submit an inquiry online. Housebound visits are also available by appointment.
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Martin County Veterans Services
435 SE Flagler Avenue
Stuart, FL 34994