In partnership with Keep Martin Beautiful, Adopt-a-Park is a program designed to foster environmental initiatives through volunteer opportunities. Environmental stewardship is a key practice in maintaining the natural beauty and ecosystems of our community and the Adopt-a-Park program enables participants to spread the word and put this idea into practice.
This is an opportunity to show the community that your company, group, or organization cares about the environment and is willing to take the time to help preserve Martin County’s natural habitats. Activities include trash pickup, graffiti reporting and sweeping shelters to name a few.
Martin County currently has four (4) beaches available for adoption:
- Jensen Beach
- Stuart Beach
- Bathtub Reef Beach
- Hobe Sound Beach
The parks available for adoption are:
- Indian Riverside Park
- Sandsprit Park
- Halpatiokee Park
*Interested in a different Park? Contact the Parks and Recreation department to discuss availabilities.
Commitment and Equipment
- The adopting organization will schedule their clean ups through Martin County staff and be provided all needed cleanup supplies.
- The adopting group commits to 1-year of adoption. At the end of that year, your group may renew or change location.
- The adopting organization must organize and participate in at minimum 4 cleanups during the adoption year.
- A sign with the adopting organization’s name or logo will be installed at the location of adoption for the duration of the adoption period.
- Certificate of Adoption will be presented to you at the end of your adoption period.
- Your group will be listed as an Adopt-A-Park organization on the Martin County PRD Adopt a Park webpage.
Adopting a Park is Easy!
1. Download and complete the Program Application and Adopt a Park Agreement provided in the buttons above. Submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to:
Martin County Parks and Recreation
Attn: Recreation and Event Specialist
2401 SE Monterey Road
Stuart, FL 34996
2. Obtain liability insurance naming “Martin County Board of County Commissioners as additionally insured and certificate holder.” This insurance must remain in effect for the entire year of adoption.
a. Please allow up to five (5) business days to process. Once availability is determined, County staff will contact your group to discuss the program further.
3. Provide Annual Adoption Fee payment via check or via credit card over the phone at (772) 221-1418.
4. The group will schedule cleanup dates through the Recreation and Event Specialist.
a. Contact must be made at least 14 days in advance to the desired date of the cleanup. Dates may be denied due to special events, other cleanups scheduled, or other issues related to park usage or safety as determined by the Parks and Recreation Department.
5. The Recreation and Event Specialist will coordinate the distribution of cleanup supplies and paperwork for cleanups with the adopting group representative.
6. Groups agree to have all volunteers sign the Volunteer Sign-In form prior to participation in any cleanup activity. The group will place filled trash bags in a site dumpster, if available, or as directed by County staff.
Annual Adoption Fees:
For Profit: $500.00/Year
Special thank you to the current Adopt-A-Park Organizations!
- Hobe Sound Beach – American Legion Aux Post #62
- Hobe Sound Beach – United Way of Martin County
- Jensen Beach – Thrivent Financial
- Jensen Beach – Just Believe Recovery Center
If you have any further questions about the Adopt-a-Park Program, please contact Martin County Parks and Recreation, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m at (772) 221-1418.