In a typical home fire, you may have as little as 1-2 minutes to escape from the time the smoke alarm sounds. Escape planning and practice can help you make the most of the time you have, giving everyone enough time to get out safely. To help you prepare, Martin County Fire Rescue is offering residents the opportunity to participate in our Residential Readiness Program.
The Residential Readiness Program will provide you with important fire safety information and empower you to make small changes around your home that will help to protect you and your family in the event of a fire. During your home visit, we will also install smoke alarms at no cost.
- Martin County resident
- Homeowner with no working smoke alarms in their home
YOU WILL RECEIVE:
- Residential Readiness Guide
- Guidance in the development of a Family Evacuation Plan
- Smoke alarm installation at no cost (if no working smoke alarms are present in your home)
- Valuable emergency preparedness tips and information
How to Apply
To apply for the Martin County Residential Readiness Program, please complete the online registration via the link below. Once completed, we will contact you to schedule a date for your home visit. If you have any additional questions, please contact Martin County Fire Prevention at (772) 288-5633.