Martin County Public Works will begin installing flashing yellow left-turn arrows at certain roadway intersections In October and November of 2019. As these changes are made at the various intersections, electronic message boards will be placed to advise motorists of the change.
The flashing yellow left-turn indication will be added at the following intersections in Martin County:
- Indian Street and Aster Lane
- Pomeroy and Willoughby
- Martin Highway and Mapp Road
- Martin Highway and Whispering Sound Drive
- Martin Highway and Palm City School Avenue
- Martin Highway and Berry Avenue
- Martin Highway and Hidden Oaks Middle School
- Martin Highway and High Meadow Avenue
- Indian Street and Willoughby Boulevard
How does a flashing left-turn arrow work?
A flashing yellow arrow means left turns are permitted, but you must first yield to oncoming traffic and pedestrians and then proceed with caution. The flashing yellow arrow does not replace the solid yellow arrow and its meaning. Drivers should always remember: a flashing yellow = turn with caution.