Library Availability during COVID-19
Partially reopening for grab-and-go services, the following libraries are providing or are scheduled to provide computer access, printing and copying, reference services, and item pick-up. This includes Summer Reading Program prize pick-up. The magazine and newspaper racks and children’s areas will be closed until further notice.
- Blake Library reopened on Monday, July 6
- Peter & Julie Cummings Library will reopen on Tuesday, August 11
- Robert Morgade Library will reopen on Tuesday, August 11
For the health and safety of all visitors, face coverings are required and a limited number of patrons will be admitted at a time to allow for 6-foot social distancing. While the library will close midday from 12 to 2 p.m. for cleaning, hold pick-up will still be available. The library is quarantining items and asks that all returns are put into the outside book drops.
While the reopening schedule for other library locations will be released soon, hold pick-up and access to Wi-Fi and mobile printing continues at all Martin County Library System locations during regular hours. For any futher questions or for assistance, please call (772) 288-5702.
While libraries are closed, the following services will be provided:
- Hold pick-up at each location (during normal library hours)
- Receive item returns in outside book drops
- Email and telephone reference (during normal library hours)
- Online classes through Lynda.com (24 hours a day/7 days a week)
- Downloadable eBooks and eAudio (24 hours a day/7 days a week)
Please hold onto any donations until we're able to accept them safely.
Providing a Safe Environment
- Face-coverings are required
- Temperature checks are available upon request
- Six-foot distancing markers
- Hold pick-up services
- Hand sanitizing stations
- Computers cleaned after each use
- Midday closure for cleaning
- Online payments
- Increased airflow