Events | idea lab Classes
The Martin County Library System offers a variety of classes as well as ways to collaborate on technology (see blog below).
Registration for classes opens the 15th of the preceding month. Let us know how we're doing by submitting a Library Event Survey.
Select Library Technology Classes to view our schedule and reserve your seat. Also, you may request a One-on-One technology appointment:
- Select "Request One-on-One Technology Help," or call the library to request your one-on-one help session.
- Have a specific question you need answered or learning objective you need to accomplish.
- You will be contacted by a library staff member or volunteer to schedule an appointment.
In order to ensure you get the most out of your One-on-One appointment, be sure to:
- Have the device you need help with fully charged.
- Know any necessary passwords needed to access your device or accounts.
- Be willing to perform most of the navigation. Our librarians will help guide you through the steps you need to be successful.
- While we will do our very best to assist you with your technology needs; remember the Library being a space of learning, these are offered to allow you to expand your skills, not as a replacement for commercial tech support.
Examples of learning that is well suited for One-on-One appointments are:
- EBooks content and devices
- Social media
- Smart phone operation
- Tablet use
- Digital photo
Examples of topics not suitable for One-on-One appointments:
- Advanced/Specialized software applications unrelated to library services.
- Troubleshooting Operating System upgrades.
- Repair or troubleshoot equipment and hardware.
- Taxes, Investments, Credit Card or other financial transactions.
- Fixing malware or virus infected systems.
For these needs, which would require more expertise and time; Librarians will offer information paths to outside assistance.