This 5 week program encourages parents/caregivers to play with their child in a fun, educational setting. A local resource professional is available at each session to discuss parenting topics. After an hour of free play, gather for a short circle time with Miss Lisa, our Family Place coordinator, for songs, finger plays and bubbles. This event is sponsored by the Friends of the Martin County Library System, Inc.
Calendar of Events
Welcome to the public meeting and events calendar for Martin County. The default view includes all events and meetings. Use the filter options to view only events scheduled for your chosen filter selections. If you find an event or meeting of interest, you also have the option to select the "Add to Calendar" link to save this meeting to your personal calendar, or you can share an event on Facebook or Twitter.
To view the agendas for any of the meeting dates listed, you will need to go to the Agenda Search.
Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee Meeting
The Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (BPAC) represents the citizens of Martin County on all bicycle and pedestrian-related issues. The Committee is responsible for providing input into the Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) decision-making process, which includes reviewing and commenting on planning documents and identifying relevant issues to be brought before the MPO Board.
2:00 pm 4th Floor Workshop Room Add to Calendar
Law Library Committee Meeting
The Martin County Law Library shall be under the administrative jurisdiction of the Director of the Martin County Library System; though, as provided herein, the Martin County [Law] Library shall be, whenever feasible, a separate unit of the Martin County Library System.
3:00 pm Blake Library Add to Calendar
Let's Get Crafty: Coloring
Let out your inner creative side and join us for an adult coloring session! Adult coloring helps you relax, reduce stress, and achieve mental Zen. No experience or supplies? No worries! Bring your own coloring to work on or use our supplies that will be provided.
This event is sponsored by the Friends of the Martin County Library, Inc.
3:00 pm Robert Morgade Library Add to Calendar
Historic Preservation Board Meeting
Historic Preservation Board
1. Adopt or amend rules of procedures not inconsistent with the LDR or Chapter 267, Florida Statutes.
2. Designate individual sites, districts, and archeological zones pursuant to Section 4.13.4.
3. Approve historical markers and issue Certificates of Designation.
4. Establish procedures for the issuance of Certificates of Appropriateness and Certificates to Dig.
5. Recommend zoning and building code amendments to the proper authorities.
6. Promote an awareness of the benefits of historic preservation and its benefits to the community.
7. Perform periodic updates to the historic archaeological survey.
8. Perform periodic updates to the architectural survey.
9. Record and maintain records of the Board's actions and decisions.
10. Provide an annual report to the Board of County Commissioners.
11. Review, develop, and recommend ordinances to the Board of County Commissioners that promote the preservation and rehabilitation of historic buildings.
12. Seek out worthy projects for...
4:00 pm Commission Chambers Add to Calendar