The project will improve resiliency from rising sea levels and provide extensive improvements for access and functionality for boaters and the community. Construction has been completed at the east boat ramp. The east boat ramp will open to the public on Friday, September 22, and the west boat ramp will be closed for construction beginning Monday, September 25.
Project will include:
- Increasing Elevation of Ramp Approach and Entrances
- Improving East Ramps and West Ramps
- Replacing Floating Docks
- Adding ADA Accessible Parking Spaces
- Ensuring Floating Docks are ADA Accessible
- Raising the Height of 2 Remaining Fixed Docks
- Installing Composite Fendering System on Fixed Docks
- Installing 10 Ft Wide Concrete Apron at Mouth of the Ramps
- Replacing Fish Cleaning Stations
- Organizing Overflow Parking
Sandsprit Park will remain open to the public during construction. Residents and boaters should be aware of the construction equipment and barge in the waterways during construction.