Hurricane Irma Disaster Assistance Information

Disaster assistance is available to Martin County residents, homeowners, business owners and farmers affected by Hurricane Irma. Please view the programs and resources available.

U.S. Small Business Association (SBA)

Financial assistance is available to homeowners, business owners and farmers affected by Hurricane Irma through the Small Business Administration (SBA). Business and farm loans help owners repair or replace damaged property not covered by insurance, as well as provide working capital. Apply Online

The SBA offers three types of disaster loans*

  • Business Physical Disaster Loans – Loans to businesses to repair or replace disaster-damaged property owned by the business, including real estate, inventory, supplies, machinery and equipment.
  • Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL) – Working capital loans to meet ordinary and necessary financial obligations that cannot be met as a direct result of the disaster. These loans are intended to assist through the disaster recovery period.
  • Home Disaster Loans – Loans to homeowners or renters to repair or replace disaster-damaged real estate and personal property, including automobiles.

* Application Filing Deadlines: Physical Damage November 24, 2017 /  Economic Injury June 11, 2018

Food for Florida

Food for Florida is the Florida’s Disaster Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (D-SNAP). The program offers emergency food benefits to disaster survivors. Visit the Food for Florida website to apply. 

United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)

USDA offers a variety of programs and services to help communities, farmers, ranchers, and businesses that have been hard hit by Hurricanes Irma, Harvey, Maria and other natural disaster events. To find out how USDA can further assist you, visit USDA’s Storm Disaster Page.

USDA Service Centers throughout the nation are designed to be a single location where customers can access the services provided by the Farm Service Agency (FSA), Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), Rural Development (RD) agencies and Risk Management Agency (RMA).

To locate a USDA Service Center, Click Here or call 800-422-5629 for disaster assistance.

Farm Services Agency (FSA)

FSA Offices by County: Click Here
For more information on the FSA disaster programs, visit your local FSA county office or service center, or visit online: Click Here
Natural Resources Conservation Center (NRCS): Click Here
Risk Management Agency (RMA): Click Here

Contact Martin County Emergency Management at 772-287-1652 with questions or for more information.